Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day!

First and foremost I want to thank Jane who lives in the United Kingdom for the great swap package. THANK YOU JANE! Jane has a great blog called Marigold Jam, it is full of all kinds of fun stuff and some great crochet, pop on over and check her out!!
Just look at what she sent me!! The little ornaments are so cute!! They are going to look great on my tree. I have two trees, one for all my glass and store bought ornaments, and one devoted to handmade ornaments. I promise when the time comes I will put plenty of Christmas tree pictures on here! Jane's package also had two balls of some yummy Patrons yarn, a crocheted flower pin, a magnet she picked up in London, and a cute flag pin cushion!!

Stitch Diva Endless Knit Cardi Progress!

It is coming along nicely, and actually I have done quite a bit more over the last day, so some new pictures will need to be taken in the next day or so! I absolutely am addicted to working on this! So much so, that my elbow is so sore!!! I think I am going to have to keep some Bengay Cream on hand...LOL!

Here are a couple more pics of my progress.

The ribbing on this is my favorite so far. I enjoy knitting and purling...and am fascinated at the way it looks. I remember from the days before I learned how to knit wondering how this was done. And then how amazed I was at how simple it was to do!

I wish I had more to share, but honestly things have been so hectic the past few days, errands, groceries, visiting with family, and some house cleaning and laundry that has been neglected has needed to be done. Where does all the dust come from?!!

And now, it is Monday evening, the end of my long Labor Day weekend, and the reality is setting in that I have to get up early and go to work, probably a long day at that too, when all I really want to do is stay home and knit on my cardi! I think I will sign off and spend these evening hours doing just that!

Everyone have a great week!!

4 comments:

Kar said...

Love all the goodies you received! How cool!

I also love how the cardi is coming along! So pretty! Thanks for sharing your progress.

Come by my blog and grab the award I gave to you!

xxxx

Marigold Jam said...

So glad you liked the swap package! I too had a good one which I must photograph later today and post.

Jane

The Fairy Glade said...

Hi Dawn what great swap items, I have yet to receive mine yet, the suspense is killing me! Glad you like my little birdies, I can mail to the USA for $2.75 if you are interested. Dev x

gwengoods said...

Wonderful swap items, and the yarn for your wip is splendid