Sunday, October 10, 2010

WIP - Body Wrap Near Completion!!

I am so close to finishing this up I can't stand it!  I do love it when I get something near to being finished and you can see everything coming together.  This is a special order.  I took a little creative freedom and added the ribbing around the entire wrap.  Have to say...me likey!
I couldn't help it, I had to put it on the dress form and snap some pictures.  I think the ribbing helps it fit to the body.  The back will have a couple of buttons to keep the whole thing on the bod.  I haven't quite got to the point yet.
Here's a little close up.  I am calling this "Crazy Insane Variegated Yarn Body Wrap"...the insanity for the continuously changing of colors and weaving in of ends.  There will be a final "tah - dah" later this week when I get it finished up.  I was hoping to get that done this weekend, but time is winding down and I still have a few more hours to put into this.  I am also writing a pattern for it to go into my etsy shop, in case anyone wants to partake in the insanity.

Let me also share with you a couple of scarves I have on the needles!

I got this pattern from "The Little Box of Scarves" the pattern is called Chevron and Feather scarf by Melissa Mathay and Sheryl Theis. I love it! I am using some Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" in one of their variegated stripes.Couldn't be more pleased with out it is working up.

Striped Noro Scarf.  My Wednesday Night Knitting Partner in Crime turned me onto this little scarf, and I just had to give it a try!  You can find the pattern here.


I like it! Especially with the black in it. I am using a k2, p2 ribbing, and it is working out great.

Before I go, I just wanted to share a few pictures I snapped last weekend.  I went to a horse farm, and yes, fell in love with the horses!

This is "Big"...and he is a sweetie. I was totally in awe of him. He is so big!!

and this is Sassy. Isn't she pretty?!!!

I'm outta here for now. Got that Sunday evening thing to do and mentally prepare myself for another Monday Morning!

2 comments:

Kar said...

I love how the wrap is turning out! The ribbing is a great addition to it. Perfect!

leahbug said...

I really love this wrap! I checked your etsy shop and didn't see the pattern available. Do you have it written up?