Saturday, February 18, 2012

We have a winner!

Congrats Ahlana!  You won some rooster love!  For those who haven't seen Ahlana's blog, I suggest you check her out.  Her knitting is beautiful.  Thank you everyone for your comments, it was fun reading them all!!!

Now, how about a little bit of crochet embroidery thread insanity??? 
I am calling these Owl Key Chimes.  Aren't they a hoot!  I have a stock pile of old keys I have collected thinking one day I could use them for something.  My brain kicked in to that obsessive creative mode it gets into, and the rest is history.  These actually have a  great sound when you have a couple of these keys clanking against each other!
The hooties do take a little more work when worked in embroidery floss but the colors are so worth it.  Of course, now my brain is busy with all kinds of ideas for these.  I think I am going to have to make a trip to the antique mall and hit some yard sales looking for little trinkets to use.
I have also been trying my hand at some crochet jewelry.  I've always wanted to try this, and let me tell you it is great instant crochet gratification.  It literally takes minutes to crochet up the little hearts and the necklace.  I spent more time going through the button box for the perfect button clasp.

I love this one and will most defintely be wearing it! 
This is actually more of a choker.  I was playing with some stitches and thought this was pretty. 

It's Saturday evening, I have a pot of homemade soup going, and the weather is supposed to get nasty tonight...but I'm happy as a lark, because I plan on spending the evening crocheting more of these! 

7 comments:

GerryART said...

I love the way your mind works.

Kudos ! ! ! !

p.s. I have DMC Floss
one skein of EVERY COLOR

hugs 'n hoots,
Gerry

Alhana said...

Thank you very much, Dawn!! I can't believe I am the lucky one. :-)
Your little owls charms are very cute. Insanity indeed!

Holly said...

love the owl key chimes - too cute!

Devious One said...

Love your work! The keychains are cute as a button and the necklaces are beautiful!

I had a question for you: is the owl pattern, like the bigger ones, for sale? I have a cousin who LOVES owls and thought maybe I could make her a small plush or something. Just an idea.

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful!!

Cath said...

I love the owl key chains, where will I find the pattern?

Unknown said...

Where can I find the pattern tutorial