Sunday, November 10, 2013

Crazy Insane Variegated Madness!

Pure nervous energy started this little project.  I was at an impasse.  I had finished the Laura's Wrap and not certain on what to start yet.  So I picked up my circular needles and variegated yarn, next thing you know this is the result.  


I added a granny edging in teal blue.  I didn't want anything fancy-shmancey, just something clean and simple.  I think the variegated insanity framed by the calm blue is perfect.  It rather reminds me of myself these days!  LOL!!!



It is fascinating how variegated yarn works up.  How can anyone not like the color.  I want to dive right into it and get lost!!!  


I have been looking at shawl patterns on ravelry.  I have so much yarn that needs to be worked up, and I am in a crochet mood.  



These days Goodwill has been a fun break for me.  I am always looking for that treasure.  This long green sweater is my latest score for $3.75.  It looked in need of love hanging there on the rack.  it was dirty, out of shape, and had some pilling on it.  I gave it a good cleaning and hit it with the steamer. Ran it over with the little sweater shaver and a lint roller, and ta-da!  It is my favorite.  And I love it with denim. Olive green and blue is so pretty together.  Oh...the belt, a total score too!  

For those that don't know me, I love Goodwill.  Like my mom says, "It makes her happy"  LOL!  It really does.  Plus finding a treasure for under 5 bucks is so freaking fun, I can't explain it!  I must say, this is the grooviest sweater I have ever had!!!  

I  love this peaceful Sunday evening.  Hubs is gone to bed, Girlie is laying here next to me in peaceful slumber and I am enjoying the quiet.  I have a new little crochet project going, and a rather large order to get started on.  The beginning drowsy feeling is kicking in...it can't get much better.  You see, anxiety has been high these days.  I can't pin down one particular reason, maybe it is several things causing it, but it has crept in and really done a number with me.  So these moments where I feel calm and content are the best!!!  I think part of it is the fact that 51 years have hit and certain chemical changes are effecting my temperance, leaving me in an agitated state everywhere I go.   LOL!!

About the new crochet project, it is something kind of new to me.  I won't share a lot until next week when I can share some pictures, but I can say learning the technique has started the creative wheels in my head and I already have ideas on where to take it.  That's all I will say for the moment!

I hope everyone has a great week.  And may it include some yarn, too!!!

Dawn


5 comments:

Lique said...

Wow! What a lovely green vest!

The scarf is also very pretty!

Mereknits said...

Oh my friend, I feel your pain. At 49 I have been a hormonal mess for years, not feeling like myself at all. Anxiety, fatigue, and lots of anger, not me really. I have finally found bio-identical hormones to be the key to helping me feel somewhat like myself again. I love your shawl, it is gorgeous, love the yarn and the pattern. And your Goodwill find is perfect! You look fantastic.

Here is to a clam day, breathe, and try to relax.
Hugs,
Meredith

Deborah Hamilton said...

I think your shawl is wonderful. The blue is perfect on the edge. I also like your long sweater. It was a great deal. I also shop at Goodwill. I look for sheets and cut them up for quilt tops. It's like going on an adventure every time I go.

Kar said...

The sweater is beyond awesome! I love Goodwill also. You can find so many neat things there for next to nothing.

I went through an anxiety spell last year. Not good. But I got through it with meditation techniques and relaxing music to listen to before bed. I've not had an episode yet. Hang in there. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn! Have been away for a while and just caught up with your latest posts. You are always so creative. Love the wrap, the variegated shawl and wonder if you have a pattern for that? Did you mix a bunch of leftover variegated scraps or is that really a color? If so it is gorgeous! Love the way you did the calm blue around the edges. Can you give me a hint how you created that gorgeous shawl?!